April 22, 2015 – The federal government tabled its 2015 budget yesterday. It is a balanced budget, the first since 2007. Here's a brief outlook at the budget from the perspective of the arts. Read more
Let's Celebrate Dance!
All around Canada events are taking place to celebrate the National Dance Week and the International Dance Day. Canada is going to be dancing out of April and into May! Be sure to catch the fun happening in your region.
Célébrons la danse
Des événements se déroulent partout au Canada afin de célébrer la Semaine nationale de la danse et la Journée internationale de la danse. Le Canada dansera ainsi d'avril en mai! Assurez-vous de ne rien maner des activités dans votre région.
April 14, 2015 – In this issue: Touring beyond borders – R105, changes at the border, new U.S. visa service, international touring at the Canada Council and more. Read more
April 13, 2015 - While sport and physical activity are widely acknowledged as important for good health, the links between arts and culture to health and wellbeing are less well understood and less frequently acknowledged. Curious to learn more? Here's an opportunity! Read more
April 9, 2015 - Winners of the Governor General Performing Arts Awards were announced at a news conference at the PHI Centre in Montreal. Read more
April 8, 2015 - The performing arts in Canada have very deep roots. Long before European explorers came to Canada, Aboriginal peoples had a rich, expressive artistic life including dance, theatre, storytelling, music – all inseparable from every other aspect of life. Aboriginal arts are very much alive and well today, as demonstrated by recent and upcoming events held by the Indigenous Performing Arts Alliance and the Talking Stick Festival in Vancouver. Read more
- New Service Provides U.S. Visa Assistance
- Financial Management Webinar Series
- Tax Working Group Shares Recommendations on R105 Withholding
- Arts Marketing and Development Conference
- CAPACOA Announces the Appointment of Sue Urquhart as the new Executive Director
- Think you know dance?
- Showcasing and Block-Booking Go Online
- Wrapping Up Round 1 with Re:Sound
- Pitch Sessions from CAPACOA 2015 are Available for Viewing
- CIC Changes Bear no Impact for the Presenting Sector