October 31, 2014 – Three of our member associations – Ontario Presents, Atlantic Presenters Association, and Orchestras Canada – will be presenting free webinars over the next months. Read more:
The 27th annual CAPACOA Conference takes place in Halifax, NS from January 21 to 24, 2015. Celebrating The Culture of Convergence, the event features keynote speaker Richard Evans and an intimate 'Artist Voice' interview with Natalie MacMaster.
October 30, 2014 – CAPACOA's project manager, Frédéric Julien, appeared before the Standing Committee on Finance on behalf of the Canadian Arts Coalition. Read more:
October 23, 2014 – In this issue: A remarkable Arts Day on the Hill, culture debate at cross-sectoral summit, community and national-level reserach reports of note, and more. Read more:
October 22, 2014 – More than 100 art supporters responded to the invitation of the Canadian Arts Coalition and participated in the fifth edition of Arts Day on the Hill. They gathered in Ottawa yesterday to participate in 97 scheduled meetings with Members of Parliament, senators and senior officials to discuss the key role arts investment play in the economic and social health of Canada. Read more:
October 14, 2014 – The National Arts Centre and the Canadian Arts Presenting Association (CAPACOA) are once again extending a call for nominations for the National Arts Centre Award for Distinguished Contribution to Touring. The deadline for nominations is Friday, November 7, 2014. Read more:
- Some Tweeps are Keen about Arts and Health
- Highlights from the 2014 AGM
- Erin Benjamin Moves On
- Seminar on Youth’s New Cultural Practices
- Launch of the Presenters Capacity Building Program
- A Great Post on Arts and Health
- Let's Chat Arts and Health
- The 27th Annual CAPACOA Conference Registration Now Open!
- New Data Demonstrates Economic Weight of Culture Sector
- Get Involved in Arts Day on the Hill 2014