July 11, 2016 – In this issue: evolution of presenting practice, employers and the arts, U.S. visa fee increase, mentorship, and more. Read more
CAPACOA will hold its 29th conference in conjunction with the CINARS Biennale and MUNDIAL MONTRÉAL.
Expect bigger than ever international networking opportunities, world-class performances, and thought-provoking professional development.
July 7, 2016 – The 3.0 version is out, says Brian McCurdy, in his post entitled The Evolution of Presenting Practice. And in the 3.0 model, municipal performing arts centres fulfill the role of community cultural developer. Read more
June 27, 2016 – The arts matter more than sports when it comes to attracting skilled workers. But businesses may not know it yet. Read more
June 16, 2016 – Across Canada and around the world, artists are working with diverse communities in participatory art making processes: art for social change, socially-engaged art, community arts, and cultural mediation all fall within this movement. Read more
June 14, 2016 – In February, HC Link partnered with CAPACOA and Arts Health Network Canada to present a webinar on Arts and Health: Partners in Well-Being. This webinar offered an introduction to arts and health practices, an overview of research findings, as well as an exploration of cases and resources. Read more
- Aging the Creative Way
- A Closer Look at Culture Indicators
- Changing Patterns in Recreation Expenses
- Writing the Next Chapter of Canadian Cultural Policy
- Where Does Audience Research Takes Us Next?
- Changes in Favour of Efficiency, Transparency and Trust at Canadian Heritage
- Proposed Legislation to Help Touring Canadians Enter U.S.
- Arts Marketing and Development Conference
- Presenting Networks at the ECMW
- Arts Sector Delighted by the Support for Arts & Culture in the 2016 Budget