Membership…Why Should My Organization Join?
- We offer input to the government on your behalf either as part of public consultations or when concerns need to be communicated regarding funding programs accessed by the presenting and touring sector.
- CAPACOA keeps a strategic watch on policy issues that have implications for the presenting and touring sector, and acts proactively whenever relevant. When key issues require our full attention, we rally the sector behind concerted efforts.
- CAPACOA runs national advocacy campaigns through the Canadian Arts Coalition.
- We also provide you with a toolkit, and with recent data in our performing arts statistics page, in order to support your own advocacy activities.
- You can call the office any time to get advice, help or information on advocacy issues.
- The conference brings together over 250 industry leaders and stakeholders working in the national and international performing arts sector;
- The event features exceptional speakers, presentations, performances and discussions. It is an incredible opportunity to learn, be inspired and connect with the national presenting and touring community;
- Members receive up to 100 dollars in discounts when registering for the conference.
- e-newsletter: raises awareness of the sector, and keeps you up to date on advocacy, member news and key issues in our field;
- Members can use All Access to share their news as well.
Funders and consultants frequently tell us how useful All Access is to them: “Upbeat and energetic, smart and to the point, filled with incredibly useful information.”
- Follow us on Twitter to keep your finger on cutting edge news regarding the arts presenting field;
- Our Facebook page is also a place where you can find news and post your own updates;
- An invaluable resource where you can find mentors, information and support with the click of a mouse;
- Private Listservs: upon request, listservs can be created for specific communities of practice, enabling you to easily communicate with peers.
- Conference registrations: Up to $100 in discounts for members.
- Job Postings: Free job postings on the CAPACOA website (non-members pay $50 / per posting).
- Information posting: Free posting of information you would like to share with the broader community on our website or in our newsletter, All Access
- Mobile app discount: Expand your reach into audiences and your community by creating an ‘mobile app’ for your organization. CAPACOA and FaveQuest have partnered to offer a significant members-only discount!.
- Webinars: Free or reduced fees for CAPACOA members to attend webinars.
- Group Health Benefits Program: an affordable program for yourself, your employees, your own members, roster of artists, etc.
- The Succession Plan (“The TSP”) combines one-on-one mentorship sessions and peer network round-table discussions to help build skills in emerging leaders throughout the performing arts.
- The TSP also offers ongoing career development support to participants (via second module, “Tier 2”) and will offer mentorship training at the 2013 Conference.
- The TSP program is delivered annually at the CAPACOA conference and at other partner events.
- Meeting face-to-face at the annual conference with leaders in the presenting community: music, theatre and dance presenters, agents, managers, artistic companies and industry professionals;
- Create time and space to meet with your peers to connect and tackle issues of common interest;
- Participate in the dialogue – bring your community’s reality to the national table, be represented;
- Be a part of the work that is already happening, share your own best practices and learn from others;
- Contribute to the field!
National Network Meeting – (Network-Member Specific)
CAPACOA hosts an annual meeting that gathers more than 20 presenting networks for two days of intensive dialogue. It focuses on identifying key priorities affecting the sector, and includes key conversations with national funding agencies and policy makers. Collective membership represented at this meeting is over 2000 arts organizations.
- CAPACOA offers webinars at no cost or a reduced fee for members. These webinars are timely and are relevant learning opportunities.
- The Presenter’s Toolkit is a presenting-specific online resource that provides skills development resources, best practices, and much more.
- CAPACOA provides research leadership such as the national initiative The Value of Presenting: A Study of Arts Presentation in Canada – exclusive information that is created and disseminated by CAPACOA;
- CAPACOA also keeps a strategic watch on research activities.
- We make the most recent, relevant, and exclusive performing arts data available for you in our performing arts statistics page.
- We also feature some of this data in our advocacy news, explaining in simple language why it is meaningful to you.
- CAPACOA created a one-pager of essential arts advocacy points to for presenters, organizations, business members, etc. to use for their own advocacy and arts promotion purposes.