CAPACOA is pleased to partner with the National Arts Centre to deliver The Succession Plan program at the Northern Scene Festival from May 2nd – 5th, 2013 in Ottawa, ON.
The Succession Plan (TSP) is a mentorship and peer network development program for emerging and mid-career presenters and other arts professionals. The program seeks to strengthen core competencies, provide leadership development and equip participants with the tools and resources necessary to be active participants in the development of arts and culture in their community.
The TSP at Northern Scene will include three components embedded in the festival:
1. One-on-one mentorship: Participants will work with 1-2 mentor(s) throughout the weekend (min. 1 hour daily), and will be provided with a framework to continue this support relationship;
2. Opportunities to network with peers in small and in larger groups to discuss the new realities of working in the arts and other relevant issues related to their work;
3. Experience of NAC’s Northern Scene Festival programming, within the framework of the TSP group and the Presenter’s Program.
This program is an excellent opportunity for emerging and mid-career arts professionals to spend time working through questions that they have about their work, meet individuals at the same level in their career and begin to create a vision for their next steps. It is also a way to experience the Northern Scene festival within a supportive and informative peer group. Relationships built during the TSP can last a lifetime.
The program is open to emerging and mid-career presenters, agents, managers, arts administrators and other arts professionals from diverse backgrounds, regions, urban/remote communities and large/small organizations across artistic disciplines.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Be currently employed/working in the performing arts;
2. Have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the arts;
3. Complete all aspects of the application.
TSP Participants attending the Northern Scene festival may be eligible for registration and travel subsidy.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Candidates should complete the application and submit all required material by Friday, March 22nd, 2013. Applications will be reviewed by a committee comprised of CAPACOA and NAC staff and consultants. Candidates will be notified of their application status by March 22, 2013.
Please note that participants will be required to complete a comprehensive evaluation about their experience in the TSP Program at the Northern Scene.
2. Responses to questions listed on application form;
3. A copy of your CV.
Applications in electronic format preferred, but can also be faxed to 613-562-4005.
PLEASE NOTE - SPACE IS LIMITED The TSP Program can accommodate approximately 4 participants. If we are unable to include you at the NAC’s Northern Scene, we will keep your application on file for future consideration. All applicants will be contacted in advance of announcement of the final participant list.
*subject to change