September 10, 2014 - Today, Statistics Canada released the first Canadian Culture Satellite Account, which estimates that culture contributed 3.1% to the Canadian economy in 2010. Read more
The 27th annual CAPACOA Conference takes place in Halifax, NS from January 21 to 24, 2015. Celebrating The Culture of Convergence, the event features keynote speaker Richard Evans and an intimate 'Artist Voice' interview with Natalie MacMaster.
- Read more about CONFERENCE
Did you know ?
Festival attendees are twice as likely as non-attendees to volunteer, even accounting for other factors. They also have a 25% greater likelihood of reporting very strong satisfaction with life.
September 8, 2014 - Following last year’s successful Arts 308 campaign, the Canadian Arts Coalition is moving forward with plans for the fourth annual Arts Day on Parliament Hill for Tuesday, October 21st, 2014. Read more Read more
September 2, 2014 - Canada’s Performing Arts Alliance is launching a new pilot program in Toronto to help performing arts organizations de-risk promising initiatives by applying the tools and methodologies used by technolog startups. Read more
August 4, 2014 - CAPACOA once again collaborated with the Canadian Arts Coalition and Imagine Canada to make recommendations for the development of the 2015 federal budget. Read more
July 16, 2014 - CAPACOA and RIDEAU received word from the Department of Canadian Heritage this week that the PCBP funding program has been renewed for the next two years. Read more
- New CRTC Guidance Mitigates Threats Associated with CASL
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL)
- Overhaul of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Music Community Pleased with Work Permit Changes for Foreign Artists
- All Access Volume 6 Issue 6
- Additional Anti-Spam Webinar
- Clarifications and Webinars on Canada’s Anti-Spam Law
- The Potential of Webcasting for the Performing Arts Sector
- CAPACOA Seeks Proposals for Website Migration
- Request for Proposals for Webinars Design and Delivery