April 14, 2015 – In this issue: Touring beyond borders – R105, changes at the border, new U.S. visa service, international touring at the Canada Council and more. Read more
Sincere thanks to the 232 delegates, panelists, artists, volunteers and sponsors who took part in our 27th annual conference!
Proceedings from the conference are now posted on the Presenter's Toolkit.
April 13, 2015 - While sport and physical activity are widely acknowledged as important for good health, the links between arts and culture to health and wellbeing are less well understood and less frequently acknowledged. Curious to learn more? Here's an opportunity! Read more
April 9, 2015 - Winners of the Governor General Performing Arts Awards were announced at a news conference at the PHI Centre in Montreal. Read more
April 8, 2015 - The performing arts in Canada have very deep roots. Long before European explorers came to Canada, Aboriginal peoples had a rich, expressive artistic life including dance, theatre, storytelling, music – all inseparable from every other aspect of life. Aboriginal arts are very much alive and well today, as demonstrated by recent and upcoming events held by the Indigenous Performing Arts Alliance and the Talking Stick Festival in Vancouver. Read more
April 7, 2015 - There's a new hotline providing performing arts professionals with urgent legal assistance regarding U.S. visa issues. TamizdatAVAIL supplements existing resources with free advices by qualified staff and volunteer lawyers. Read more
- Financial Management Webinar Series
- Tax Working Group Shares Recommendations on R105 Withholding
- Arts Marketing and Development Conference
- CAPACOA Announces the Appointment of Sue Urquhart as the new Executive Director
- Think you know dance?
- Showcasing and Block-Booking Go Online
- Wrapping Up Round 1 with Re:Sound
- Pitch Sessions from CAPACOA 2015 are Available for Viewing
- CIC Changes Bear no Impact for the Presenting Sector
- New Interim Director at Jazz Festivals Canada